Department: Project Management | Surat
A GIS project coordinator is typically expected to have not just technical knowledge regarding GIS systems. The duties of a GIS project coordinator may include delegating responsibilities, communicating with staff, technical consulting with clients, handle & co-ordinate the client meetings, co-ordination with vendors, allocating resources, presenting demos, budgeting and tracking logistics of GIS projects.
What you’ll do?
- Administer and organize all types of GIS projects, from simple activities to more complex plans.
- Working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans and update on day to day progress.
- You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries.
- To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you will collaborate with clients, vendors and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
- Liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Manage and monitor the team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Overall 5+ years of experience in GIS and Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Master’s Degree in Geo informatics.
Scanpoint Geomatics Ltd., is the leader in the Indian Geomatics Industry. We pioneer the nation’s geospatial domain through IGiS- An indigenous technology that brings GIS, Image Processing, Photogrammetry, and CAD together on the same platform.
We are proud to have a product development joint venture with ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) for continuing research and development of our indigenous IGiS technology.
The IGiS technology aims to elevate and support the global Geospatial industry significantly.
We are specialized in developing diverse enterprise solutions for:
Agriculture | Defense | Disaster Management | Forestry | Land Information | Power | Smart City | Urban Planning | Utilities | Location Based Services | Mapping