Department: Software Solutions | Ahmedabad
SGL is seeking a front-end developer who is passionate about building well designed, high quality applications that focus on providing great user experience. The candidate will assist the team in maintaining company standards and code quality for the UI/UX of the company’s application. Maintenance and enhancement will constitute a big part of the candidates time.
What you’ll do?
- Candidate should be good with Sketching, creating user journey, personas. (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Is a dynamic and self-starting individual able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Will be contributing to and managing a repository of re-usable data visualization templates, views and other best practices components.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Contributes to the design of the overall look and feel of visual and interactive user interface across multiple products and platforms
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to specifications, Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Contributes to the creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviours across multiple products
- Participates in the definition of the user-centered design methodology
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience with Visual Design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, effective mobile applications design , Adobe CS Design application.
- Must have strong experience in desktop and website design, as well as responsive web design and app design for iOS and Android
- Work as part of a cross functional team of engineers (UI, Services and backend)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Ability to understand a user’s needs, behaviours, and desires and translate these into the most intuitive and beautiful UX/UI possible
- Have designed, built and delivered multiple effective mobile applications. Have worked directly with clients to conceptualize and realize the design and UI/UX strategies
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. Understanding of responsive design and development for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Have a portfolio site to showcase your work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong organizational and estimation skills.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.Team player mind-set working towards common goals with the team.